Thursday, November 1, 2012

Little flower embroidery





For Ella`s birthday I bought a party dress
at Boden.
I think it`s a lovely, Alice in Wonderland like, dress without
being exactly like Alice.
And also a practical solution because I didn`t have time to make an Alice dress.
Luckily Ella loved the dress
so the dress was a time saver.
Because it`s a bit cold with short sleeves
I decided to embroider flowers 
on a cardigan she already has
to make it matching.


These flowers are simple but a wonderful addition to a cardigan.
I`m already looking for other cardigans
to beautify.
This is how it`s done.


Start with  a lazy daisy stitch.





Make a square,


fill up the open spaces.


Make a french knot in the middle.


Thread around the needle four times.



Done with your first flower
just a few more to go.









2 comments:

  1. Michelle the cardigan is absolutely delightful. Ella couldn't fail to be enchanted with it, and the fact that she has something unique to her. Well done you. I love doing embroidery and I love lazy daisy stitch and french knots. They are so versatile. You've inspired me to have a look in my wardrobe and see what I can embroider on. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...