Gift wrapping with a crochet border

Yesterday morning I thought
HELP I don`t have a new granny square pattern.
Then a sigh of relief
because I remembered we are making 8 squares
with the cute hearts from last week.
So no new granny pattern this week.

This week a tutorial of a gift wrapping idea
with a crochet border.

You will need:
a piece of wall paper
crochet yarn
button
needle 
scissor
crochet hook



1. Double up the wall paper.
Put the gift on top to see what size you need.
Cut the wall paper .
Cut it larger then the gift you want to put inside
otherwise it won`t fit.
The back longer than the front so you can fold it like and envelope

2. Draw and cut round corners
at the top.

3. I wanted to join the sides with my sharp crochet hook
but I don`t think it`s suited for paper
so I used the blanket stitch.




4. blanket stitch

5. Go all the way round with the blanket stitch

6. If your yarn isn`t long enough
just tie it together


7 and 8. Crochet a border.
I made sc, 6 ch, skip a stitch, sc,
continue with this pattern.

9.On top in the middle I made 12 ch
to make a buttonhole.
But this depends on the size of the button you`re using.


10. Sew on the button ( just tie the yarn inside).

11 and 12. I added a snowflake.
There are lots of patterns to be found on the internet.
Here is a link to Attic24 with one who looks like the one I made.

More nice ideas with paper and a crochet border.

Comments

  1. Oh Michelle what a wonderful workshop on present wrapping. I will try to remember to try it the next thing I wrap a gift. There is a big gap in my crochet squares as I haven't been keeping up very well but I loved last week's squares so much that I just had to give this one a go and I will fill in the missing squares when time allows. Have a good week. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Phillipa, thank you for the compliment. I can understand you`re behind, that always used to happen to me too. But now I have to make them each week because I can`t let you all down after promising a pattern every week :-).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note.